Friday, April 17, 2009

Hope

In January, I wrote an article that appeared in Triathlete Magazine about my friend Robert Lindenau. I got to know Robert when he volunteered to help with my non-profit organization Project Active, distributing soccer balls and athletic shoes to kids in Iraq. We remained friends for years, until he was killed by a rocket-propelled grenade last October. Below you'll find the original article, an amazing certificate I received, (double click on the article to enlarge it) and a touching and beautiful message from Robert's wife, Tonya. Her letter brought tears back to my eyes. The love and inspiring words that have come from this terrible situation reminds us that we must do everything we can to spread hope around the world. Hope for peace, hope for compassion and hope for the children.

Double click article or photos below for clear image.




No comments:

Post a Comment