Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lance Armstrong, cyclist AND Triathlete - Lance will Race in An Ironman!

Seven-time Tour de France champion was a top-class triathlete on shorter courses in the 1980s.

Will he compete in an Ironman?

"Whenever I'm done with this (comeback). I can unequivocally say yes to that," Armstrong has told Outside.

"That's a fact and I get asked that question every day. I don't know when it was, less than a year ago, that I got some of these ironman DVDs - I said 'let's see what that's all about'."

He wants to not only compete, he wants to do very, very well.

"I'm definitely motivated to do an ironman," he said. "We'll go back and I'll be close to 40, but I've swum more in the last three years than before that."

"And I don't want to just do an ironman. I don't want to approach it like I approached the marathons. I want to do it as fast as I can."

To read the full article at Outside Magazine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment