Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Elfin Forest Loop - First Hard Ride

Pictured here: Russ Crabs, Matt Barger Mark Mckee and Mitch Thrower

Yesterday was my first hard bike ride in quite a long time and the weather was perfect. Some great friends and Triathlete Magazine business partners were in town for a training weekend, so at the recommendation of Russ Crabs, we rode the Elfin Forest loop. This was the first time I'd ridden this loop in a decade - and what an amazing build out of that region. New houses decorated the once barren landscape on the way to and back from the Forest. The change in landscape helped me forget about the 30 mph headwind (that and the fact that we could all draft behind Russ who I'm convinced is nuclear). We stopped at the Elfin Forest reserve and I took a picture of the warning sign below.

Got mountain lions?

~

No comments:

Post a Comment